Monday, July 21, 2014

Fearsome: 4 and 5 {A Personal Post} {Lisa Rappa Photography | Atlanta, Ga Family and Child Photographer}



Something crazy happened this summer....I went from being a mom of a 3 and 4 year old to being a mom of a 4 and 5 year old. Yes, two KIDS. Not two BABIES. Though they will be my babies forever, I notice little changes in them even after a week goes by, and just want to press pause so often. I always had a goal to document every stage, funny moment, things they've said, etc....but I've let myself down with all of that. Life gets very busy and I just haven't been able to keep up with a regular personal blog. Thankfully, there is no shortage of pictures (hopefully will get them all completed, PRINTED, and organized one day soon) that will hopefully tell a lot of their story one day.  But I do still want to try to sneak some personal posts in when I can though! 

So basically, I really don't plan little sessions often with my two. It's more like "hey that's cute- let me grab my camera."  But when we were at Target last month and my son wanted these super cute Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajamas and my daughter chimed in that she did too, you know my photographer alarm went off!  So luckily, this was a win-win for all of us. 

After bath time that day, we stepped outside to hang by the sewer for just a few minutes (b/c you know, that's where Ninja Turtles live) and I asked them to show me their best Ninja skills and they didn't disappoint. I sure am glad this fearless duo has my back! ;) I do look at these with mommy goggles and all I can see is exactly how I would sum these two up at these ages...silly, affectionate, close (I SO hope they stay this close), and just plain carefree.

Here's some of the fun I had with my lil Ninja Turtles, who thankfully are NOT teenagers just yet! Nothing fancy, just so THEM. 















We were about to head in...but then the sun started peeking through at just the right spot, so I couldn't resist just a few more w/ some golden hour light of course....luckily they still were willing to humor me.




No comments: